Monday 9 December 2013

First Steps


It's funny how times flies. It seems like only yesterday that I set foot into my uni for the first time, unsure and slightly afraid of what the next few years were going to hold. Was I going to make friends? Would this be the career that I'd really want to stick with? Would I survive?

I'm happy to report that I did make some wonderful friends, it's definitely the career I want to stick with, and...I guess I survived.

And now? Well, I can say that I'm taking my first few steps as a 'real' teacher. Scary stuff.

In beginning a new chapter, I thought this would be as good a time as any to create a new space for my teaching and learning journey as a record of my thoughts, findings, lesson ideas and little moments. This is in a bid to keep me reflecting, sharing and widening my world of ideas and thinking to ultimately help me to refine my own teaching practice.

To kick-start things, I have a question for all the teachers out there: what's the best thing you've learnt about teaching?

Miss T

No comments:

Post a Comment